For this assignment, you are required to analyse the differing types of business events and explain the concepts of strategic planning, project management and risk management in business event planning.
The overarching question to be addressed in this essay is “why is it important to take a strategic planning and project management approach, which includes risk management, to business events?” The questions below are provided to guide students in answering this overarching question. Your essay (2,000 words:10% -/+ is acceptable) should incorporate the following components:
1. Title page including essay topic, Unit number and Unit name, your name and your ID number, lecturer name, submission date (not included in the word limit);
2. Table of content and total Word count at the bottom of this page (not included in the word limit)
3. What are they differing types of business events and why are they held? (in this part use some academic/industry references);
4. What is strategic planning? (in this part use some academic/industry references);
5. What is project management? (in this part use some academic/industry references);
6. Why is risk an important aspect of project management? (in this part use some academic/industry references);
7. How do these concepts relate to business events? (in this part use some academic/industry references);
8. Reference list- with a minimum of 5 academic references and 5 industry references. Industry references could be sources such as Youtube video, interviews, reports, and your event website. APA 7th referencing style is required. Your textbook should be one of academic references (not included in the word limit); and
9. Appendix (examples of information that could be included in an appendix; include figures/tables/charts/graphs, statistics, questionnaires, transcripts of interviews, pictures, maps, drawings, letters, specification or data sheets. There is no limit to what can be placed in the appendix providing it is relevant and reference is made to it in the essay) → Appendix can be included in text or a separate page at the end (not included in the word limit)
It is expected that students will incorporate relevant sources obtained from academic (e.g. textbook and journal articles) and industry (e.g. industry reports) in their essay.
Other key points:
• Essay style (third person), 2000 words (+/- 10%), Times New Roman, 12 font, 1.5 spacing and 2.5cm margins are recommended
• Use of tables, graphs and figures (as appendix) is encouraged and expected
• Full in-text APA referencing including all pictures and diagrams
• A reference list must be attached to the back of your assignment on a separate page and must include all sources you used to complete the essay. It must be presented according to ECU Referencing Guidelines, accessible here: https://ecu.au.libguides.com/referencing
Do not cut and paste from any resource!
• Not included in the word count: Title page, Table of contents, tables, figures, reference list and appendix
• Proof read your work before submitting as marks will be deducted for spelling and grammatical errors
• Please keep a back-up of all your work as there will be no extensions for ‘lost’ work.
• You need to include headings/subheadings for each section in your essay.