Topic:Alternate perspective from Fences by August Wilson
Type of paper:Point of view / perspective paper
Discipline:English and Literature : English
Format or citation style:APA (edition “APA 6”)
Essay for Eng130: Point of View/Perspective
This assignment focuses on your ability to: Analyze different perspectives and points of view
within a piece of literature; create a new experience for the reader through the design of an additional
The purpose of completing this assignment is: as a student, a career professional, and an
individual, the skill of evaluating another point of view and bringing different perspectives to the
conversation will make you stand out amongst your peers. It’s important in any facet of your life to
see the whole picture!
Prompt (what are you writing about?):
Choose any of the literature that you have read in this course and respond to the following
In 2 pages or more, write an alternate part of the story from a different character’s
perspective (example: write from Fortunato’s perspective as he is being walled up in
to the catacombs, or perhaps from the perspective of Cory as he is listening to Troy
and Rose argue).
Note: Take a moment to email your instructor with your creative plan so that you know you
are on the right track.
Instructions (how to get it done):
• Choose any of the short stories or plays you have read in this course.
• Write a 2 or more page response in which you write an alternate part of the story from
a different character’s perspective or a character’s different point of view.
• Your audience for this response will be people who have read the stories.
• Your response should be a minimum of 2 pages.
• Your response should have a properly APA formatted title page.
• It should also be double spaced, written in Times New Roman, in 12 point font and
with 1 inch margins.
• You should have a reference page that includes the piece of literature you chose.
• Please be cautious about plagiarism.
Sources: All of the short stories and plays you have read so far in this course.